October 7, 2012 · 3:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Earlier in March, Jacob had organized a meetup at the York Regional Forest. I am eager to revisit this location and perhaps capture some great fall colors (I'm starting to see some oranges and reds and yellows)
There is plenty of free parking and the paths are paved. The entrance is also free.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Take HWY 404 NORTH to Aurora Road (Exit #45)
- Turn RIGHT (EAST), take Aurora Rd to HWY 48 / Markham Rd.
- Turn LEFT (NORTH) on HWY 48 (Just before the OLCO gas station)
- Follow HWY 48 NORTH for about 5 minutes.
- The entrance to the parking lot is on the RIGHT (EAST) side, just across from Cherry Street.
- We will meet in the parking lot at 3:30 p.m.
- Google Map #1: http://g.co/maps/7d2zk
- Google Map #2: http://g.co/maps/wj9us
- Please, arrange carpool with your fellow photographers. Carpool passengers are requested to split the total cost of the return trip with the driver. The estimated cost of the return trip to this meetup is $25
WHAT TO BRING:
- Camera + Extra batteries
- Sturdy waterproof shoes in case we decide to venture off the paved path and into the forest.
- Dress well in case it gets colder at night.
- Bring some snacks + water
Here are some pictures from the last meetup at this location: