Aug 30, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Having made faster progress going through the list in the previous meeting (August 23), we want to continue the pace with another crop or two of ethical terms.
We will use the format of the first meeting of this series to find common grounds for any future debates.
Come to the meeting with your definitions to the following terms:
- Objectivity, subjectivity, bias, balance, neutrality, interest, disinterest, indifference
- Value, morality, judgment, principle, conviction, character, moral agent, happiness, eudaimonia, phronesis
- [CURRENT BOOKMARK] Ought, duty, obligation, authority, imperative, dictum, command, rule, policy
- Good, bad, evil, ideal, sacred, virtue, vice, sin, holiness, heinous, wicked
- Decision, deliberation, purpose, motive, responsibility, self-determination
- Justice, equality, fairness, sacrifice, benevolence, humility, pride, hope, greed, envy
- Society, culture, civilization, nation, state, progress, country
Post a comment below if there are other terms you care to discuss.