The San Diego Shooters club Message Board › Is this meetup dead?

Is this meetup dead?

A former member
Post #: 63
I posted some ideas and no one seems to reply. I have been out on the range almost every weekend and I'm not talking about indoor blah blah ranges. Out in the sticks where you can set targets up t0 500+ and some yards to shoot. Let me know if anyone wants to go shooting and put some lead down range.
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 117
Hey there Lonewolf,

I wouldn't say it's dead, it just seems full of lurkers. I'm an organizer in the group, but gave up a long time ago due to poor showings. It's difficult enough to find time to shoot, but then when you make a meetup, 7-10 people sign up, then no one shows up.

Mike
A former member
Post #: 64
Hey there Lonewolf,

I wouldn't say it's dead, it just seems full of lurkers. I'm an organizer in the group, but gave up a long time ago due to poor showings. It's difficult enough to find time to shoot, but then when you make a meetup, 7-10 people sign up, then no one shows up.

Mike
Well heck let's go Saturday, I'm always in the boonies on weekends about 2-3 times in a month. I know what you mean about lurkers, there's one douche bag in this group that I know of who likes to troll and brag about his "skills". Anyway, let me know I'm always down to shoot on weekends, last time we stayed the night prior and saved the spot for the rest. A lot of fun and explosions, as long as we pick up and police call our trash and brass the ranger gives us the thumbs up.
A former member
Post #: 1
I know what you mean about the lack of participation. I signed ujp for the last desert shoot and I was the only one that showed. Big deal it was on Super Bowl Sunday. I got to do some shooting AND made it back in time for kickoff.

I'm down for some desert shooting most weekends. Give me a holler.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm in for most Saturday's for out door shoots..........let me know!
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 118
Lonewolf,

Ok, well give me a date, and I will post it as a meetup and go from there.

Mike
A former member
Post #: 65
Ok here it is, I'll be in Dulzura this Saturday 7 am until out of ammo

Direction to get there is

Take the 94 east to Dulzura. turn right on Marron Valley. Go straight pass South Bay Rod & Gun Club
1020 Marron Valley Road, Dulzura, CA. Keep going on Marron Valley which turns right up the hill. Keep going pass a truck trail and gate keep going until you find an open gate with a big tree by the horseshoe bend, make that right at that bend and take it all the way up and you'll find me on top. There's a few spots there to shoot. Look for a black dodge truck with a handicap plate. I know my direction sucks I'll try to put markers on the road and if you guys get lost call me 760 845 2531

see u there

Dante'
user 3682014
Carlsbad, CA
Post #: 7
Not this Sat but the next 5/12(?)- I come from Carlsbad, and could not make 7 am shoot. 10 am is posable. How much time between the 125 freeway to the shoot? 20, 30 min- 45?

Dante' NRA CRPC 760-390-0210
A former member
Post #: 66
Just updated on the Date so we can prep, I moved it on the 12th. I on the other hand will still be there this coming Saturday.
A former member
Post #: 67
Not this Sat but the next 5/12(?)- I come from Carlsbad, and could not make 7 am shoot. 10 am is posable. How much time between the 125 freeway to the shoot? 20, 30 min- 45?

Dante' NRA CRPC 760-390-0210

I meant to say the 19th