The San Diego Shooters club Message Board › What happen to the Meetups for this club?

What happen to the Meetups for this club?

Ray
user 45156882
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
Seems non-active for any type of event. Organizer?
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 120
Hey Ray,

I feel your pain. I've tried several times (as an organizer) to have shoots, but I've found that unless you want to take a group out to the desert where you can go crazy, there isn't any interest.

It's very frustrating. Feel free to suggest something, and I can post it as a Meetup.

Mike
Spencer
user 9727374
San Marcos, CA
Post #: 6
might have to do with costs at the range and peoples schedules, I would be up for the desert trip, maybe an overnight camping thing. When i lived back east and could shoot at a friends farm or most anywhere outdoors it was more fun, spend most of a day shooting different guns, trap shooting, etc. Might be too hot in the desert now
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 121
I don't know about all that, but anything is possible.

Getting people to do anything on your terms is hard. I've even posted informal things like "going to the range this weekend, meet me there" and you get nothing. I've had reloading seminars at my house where 6 people signed up, and 1 person came. This was offered by me free of charge, with 2-3 weeks notice, no one changes their RSVP or comments that they can't make it. It's kind of sad that these things happen, which is why I pretty much gave up.

I've tried to have meet and greets over lunch to see what everyone is in to, so we can make some kind of plans, and again, had 10-12 people say "sounds great" than I make a reservation, and 2 people other than me show up, and all that got accomplished was we filled our stomachs.

To say that I am a bit jaded to the whole thing would be an understatement. No one wants to waste their time organizing something, that no one will show up too. But like I said, if anyone wants to suggest something that they themselves want to put together, let me know and I'll post it.
Ray
user 45156882
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
Thanks Mike and Spencer for your feedback. It's sad with a total of 196 members the clubs is not very active. Oh well... smile