The San Diego Shooters club Message Board › "Organizers"?

"Organizers"?

Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 130
Hey Steve,

I am only an assistant organizer, I cannot grant you those privileges, only Lincoln can, as he is the organizer. And as I said in my original reply to you, in my current capacity I was more than willing to make the suggestions that you had an official Meetup. I check this site every day, in order to help out. I very rarely organize Meetup's anymore because I've had bad luck getting people to show up. If you look at the past Meetups you would see that I had a reloading seminar not to long ago, so I am here for the group. Unlike 90% of the 204 shooters listed, I am involved in this group,so please don't assume that I don't do anything. I see that you have been a member of this group since November of 2009, and have attended only 1 event, and that was recently. So it seems to me that I have put together several Meetups's since you have been a member (I joined this group 2 months before you did) and you have attended none of them, but RSVP'd yes 3 times, all for things that are happening this month. So you can see why I might be a bit frustrated at your implication that no one is doing anything for you, as it seems that either the things I have organized did not interest you, or you just don't like showing up to them, which proves why I don't organize things anymore, because the few people who are active in this group, don't bother to participate, they unlike me seem to want to lurk around and wait for others to do the work.

I do hope that Lincoln grants you the rights to create your own meetups, and that you are sucessful in getting people involved.

Mike
Steve
Steve_G
La Mesa, CA
Post #: 9
H Mike....

I'll admit that I have lurked here more than anything else until recently. I was not shooting much becuase of work, my budget, and when I joined I was living on the opposite side of the county from the few friends I could shoot with.

Now that I am in a better place I'd like to make more friends to go shooting with or even just to hang out with folks that have the same interests as I do, thus I started to look here again, and saw little or no activity.

I thought I could get a spark going by suggestiing a couple things or show interest in the other suggestions. There are new people joining so there still seem to be potential to have some fun as a group here.

I would have gone to the reloading meet had I been lurking more at the time. I actually just learned/taught myself to reload starting in May of this year. Reloading is a big part of why I am shooting more now too.

I'll suggest more here and hope that folks will want to try something, even if its just pizza and beer watching a football game to get to know each other some.....

Sorry that I came off as a jerk.....

Steve
Mike
Ponzi
San Diego, CA
Post #: 131
Hey Steve,

No harm, no foul....lol. I may have gotten a little out of control as well. I think your idea of getting together over food and drink is a good one. I tried that when this group got started, and had like 2 people show, but food does seem to motivate.

Lets put it up for discussion.

Mike