Anh N.
user 4439586
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I have to know.... Are all Vietnamese people chinese???????? I had a discussion with a coworker and he adamantly believes that vietnamese people did not descended from china and he actually convinced me but now I am having doubts.
A former member
Post #: 54
No. We're all Africans. lol biggrin At least that's the most accepted theory of evolution. smile
A former member
Post #: 3
Where does your coworker say vietnamese people are from then? And how far back are we talking? I mean, it's widely believed that man and language started from the Fertile Crescent. Weather, war, expansion, food, shifting and breaking off of continents, etc caused people to migrate away from the FC... and Asians look different from Africans who look different from Europeans due to physical adaptations to climate and geography. So if you follow that trail of reasoning, it's likely that vietnamese are from china.

I also assume it was a debate about ethnic vietnamese? There are plenty of people who left China and started families in Vietnam. We were also occupied for a while. And we also used to have a Chinese-based writing system. So... yeah, I'd like to know where your coworker thinks we're originally from.
Anna
user 16970471
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1

Love Cameron's reply. What would Tom say?