The San Diego Vietnamese Language and Cultural Exchange Message Board › Vietnam fundraising for people with disabilities

Vietnam fundraising for people with disabilities

A former member
Post #: 63
Passing this message along.

Dear Friends and Family,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying the summer where ever you may be!

After a successful three night run of Project Agent Orange in downtown Manhattan at Dixon Place (sold out our last two nights!), I am amazed by the generous energy and excitement surrounding the ability of art to spark social movements. As such, I will be traveling this summer to Vietnam in August to create a devised theater production WITH the community of people that I have been connecting with only peripherally thus far. 30 young artist/activists from the US, UK, and Vietnam, will spend two weeks living at a community center for people with disabilities in the Hoc Mon District where we will join with 10 people from the center to create a performance in just TWO weeks!

Yes, we're creating a performance in TWO weeks.

I have been planning this program for the past 9 months, but have finally solidified the concrete curricular ideas for the program, and cannot be more excited to combine embodied practice, theoretical discourse, and social activism in a jam-packed two week program. At the end of the two week program, we will present our work for FREE in downtown Saigon!

Please take 3 minutes to watch this video that my team and I have compiled about the project: http://www.crowdrise.com/pv12/fundraiser/nataliaduong­

AND If you are able, also please consider donating $5-$10 dollars to this project. If everyone on this email thread did so, we would meet our fundraising goal in the next few days!

If you cannot donate at this time, please consider forwarding my message to other friends who may be interested in the project. One of the most humbling experiences of the past year has been to see the sheer number of individuals who have helped me in some way to realize my dream of using art to create real social change. Every little movement counts!

xo,
Natalia