We will be pruning shrubs and trees, removing brush and debris and overall helping to improve and beautify this wonderful San Francisco recreational space. Habitat for Humanity will be providing all the necessary tools so all you need to do is show up!
Don't forget to bring:
· Old clothes—inevitably you will be getting dirty
· Layers of clothes—long pants and long sleeved shirt
· Sturdy, closed-toed shoes with good tread
· Raingear and/or sun block and sun hat
· Water and snacks will be provided by Habitat
· Gloves—if you have a favorite pair, otherwise Habitat for Humanity will supply
Afterward, we'll head over to Auntie April's for some delicious chicken & waffles. YUM! http://www.auntieaprils.com/menu.html
**All volunteers must be 12 years old or older.**
Who is Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity is a worldwide organization founded in 1976. It operates in all 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and dozens of other countries. Its goal is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness by enlisting volunteers and donors to build and finance houses in their communities. Families in need of shelter apply for these houses and Habitat for Humanity sells them at cost, acts as primary lender, originates the mortgage, and keeps interest at zero percent through the life of the loan. In addition, the families invest hours of their time (sweat equity) building alongside volunteers. Habitat for Humanity has helped build over 400,000 houses and served more than 2 million people around the world.