August 29, 2012 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
In this talk, Tao Liu will introduce Type Providers, a new feature of F# 3.0. Type providers are a mechanism which enables information-rich programming, and simplifies working with data from diverse information sources.
The talk will
1) provide a brief introduction to F#
2) present the 4 built-in type providers:
- web API type provider
3) demonstrate how to write your own type provider, by demonstrating the following:
- introduce the design of type providers, and how they provide types and class members,
- explaining where the type and class members are coming from,
- meta programming using type provider,
- exploring features at design time with type providers.
Tao Liu is a Microsoft F# core team member at Redmond, WA, and presents the most popular F# talk on channel 9 about F# and Design Pattern. He is the author of the forthcoming book “F# for C# developer” at Microsoft Press. He was a Software lead for multiviewer Centrio product in Harris Corporation, won the cooperation Innovation Award, and has a pending patent for a real-time rules engine. You can find Tao’s blog at http://apollo13cn.blogspot.com, and follow him on Twitter as @ttliu2000