addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The San Francisco Symfony Meetup Message Board › Symfony-focused web development agency, Scalable Path, is looking for a well

Symfony-focused web development agency, Scalable Path, is looking for a well-rounded developer to join the team

Damien F.
damienf
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 9
Clear-cachers,

This is a repost of a previous discussion. We found a great developer a few months ago after posting the first time. Our business continues to grow and we need more talented people. We're also in the process of rebranding as Scalable Path.

Scalable Path is a next-generation web development agency that can offer the quality of a major Silicon Valley agency at a fraction of the cost by having a virtual team in the US and a solid team of offshore developers in the same timezone. Business has been growing steadily and the volume of projects is too much for me to handle as the only developer here in the US. I am looking for another technical developer to help run client projects with me and work with our 15-person development team in Argentina. Ultimately, I am looking for someone to work full-time, but it might make most sense to ramp up to full-time over a few months. The parameters of the position such as compensation and hours are not set in stone and could be adjusted to the situation and skills of the applicant.

Some points about the job:
-This is a work-from-home position (most meetings are virtual)
-Interface directly with clients to understand their needs and design solutions
-Work with a skilled team of English-speaking symfony developers in Argentina to implement solutions
-Work as a contractor as opposed to a salaried employee

Applicant Skills:
-Symfony experience is very desirable
-A well-rounded developer who understands frontend (HTML/CSS/JS), backend (PHP, MySql) and hosting would be best
-Excellent communication skills (for working with clients and fellow developers)
-You need to be highly motivated, organized and independent
-Design skills are a plus
-Knowledge of agile development practices a plus (we scrum every day)

Why you might be interested:
-High degree of freedom (I don't care where you are as long as you are productive)
-Competitive compensation (six figures annually should be reachable if you can juggle multiple projects)
-Scalable Path will provide the business infrastructure: sourcing projects (although you would be compensated extra for bringing in clients), billing, invoicing, task tracking, repository and web hosting, etc.

Shoot me an email at damien [at] scalablepath [dot] com with a resume (or link to a LinkedIn profile) if you are interested in working with us. Or feel free to refer a friend that would be a good fit (but, please, no recruiters).

Thanks!

-Damien