The San Francisco Symfony Meetup Message Board › Job Postings and Recruiter Policy

Job Postings and Recruiter Policy

Paul
thrashr888
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 11
Hey clear-cachers!

It's come to the point to make a decision about allowing recruiters and others to post their ads within this community. I previously ignored the issue but have lately questioned the value they bring to our small SF Symfony Meetup community. Some posters asked politely while some joined the group, posted, and never returned. It felt more like spam than something that brought value our community. I feel that it's best to take a hard line on this issue before any trouble is stirred.

From now on, we'll allow job postings within the Message Board (and profile introduction) and not in the Mailing List. To unsubscribe from the Message Board emails, you can use the "Stop tracking this message board" link at the top of the topic list.

The Mailing List goes straight to your inbox and will be reserved for community relevant announcements and questions. Emails originating from the Message Board can be followed or ignored depending on your preference. This seems to be the best compromise with respecting your email inboxes.

Because of the nature of the posts in question (join, post, leave), those posting recruitments in the Mailing List will be kicked out. This won't stop the initial post but will hopefully deter the poster. The alternatives are charge money or require approval to join the group, which I'd rather avoid.

In conclusion,

Job Postings and Recruitments go here:

• Message Board

I'd love to hear your opinions as this policy can be changed if you guys feel it should be any different or can be improved. I'll edit this post as changes are made.

Hopefully, this policy will be respectful to all parties and keep the quality of this group up.

Paul Thrasher
Organizer