We're getting back in the groove with a tennis party & a cookout this Sunday, October 12. I had to take a hiatus for personal reasons & am looking forward seeing everyone again.
SF Tennis Party & Cookout
Sun, Oct 12, 2008 @ 10am
S.F. Golden Gate Park (Middle Drive East)
10-12pm Tennis Party
First the tennis...this tennis party will be open to all levels. So whoever RSVP's up to the limit gets to play. In the future, we'll be having some tennis parties by tennis level.
We have 6 courts reserved this Sunday. We'll have 4 doubles courts & 2 singles courts. Weather forecast is 76ºF & sunny.
Please read the TENNIS PARTY NOTES:
1) When you RSVP, please include your numeric tennis level. If you're note sure, estimate using this link: http://www.matchmaker... - (fyi, many people read this chart and tend to rate themselves 1 level higher than they actually are, so feel free to be conservative).
2) Please ARRIVE ON TIME (10am) so I can pair everyone by level. Everyone needs to be paired as evenly as possible, so if a really good player or a beginner shows up even 10 min late, it changes the dynamics. If you show up late, it may not be possible to adjust the pairings. If you're not on time, you may not get to play.
3) *** Remember, JFK Drive is closed on Sundays, so please allow a good extra 15 minutes to find parking & walk over. You can to the courts by entering the park from Kezar Drive on the east or Lincoln Drive on the north. This Google Map shows you how (cut/paste the link into your browser):
4) Fee is $10 for Tennis + Cookout ($5 for just the cookout). If you RSVP you're coming to play, I assume you're also coming for the cookout unless you email me otherwise. If you're playing, don't RSVP separately for the cookout. That RSVP is for people who want to come to the cookout but aren't playing.
5) If you RSVP that you are coming but change your mind, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR RSVP to open up space for others (when you RSVP "yes", the site holds a spot & the spots are limited based on # of courts). If you consistently do not change your RSVP, I may have to remove you as a member.
6) If you can't come last minute, please call my cell [masked]). If possible, please send me an email the night before. It mucks up the pairings if people RSVP yes but then don't show, so please give a courtesy call - it only takes a couple of minutes & you can avoid being in the tennis party doghouse :-)
7) If you don't RSVP and just drop in, you may not be able to play if there are not enough courts, sorry. That said, I'll try my best to get everyone in.
8) Check here the evening before for any last minute changes.
Thanks & we look forward to a good time on Sunday!
SF Tennis Party Host