addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The San Francisco Tennis Party Message Board › Location for this Saturday's tennis Meetup! Please reply on food, guests

Location for this Saturday's tennis Meetup! Please reply on food, guests

Raymond
Hi all,

Amit has been very busy & has asked me last minute to assist him hereon to help organize our Meetup. It is too late to reserve for SF Golden Gate on short notice. Most places suggested so far cannot be reserved. It's no fun to wait too long. Since we have a good size group, it may be better to go to a court which is less crowded this Saturday 2pm to 3:30pm.

Suggested location: Orange Park in South San Francisco (off Westborough Ave.)
5 West Orange Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080 (last Saturday 1:30pm, there were 8 people there & 4 usually leaves around 3pm.

It's big enough (5 courts) and is one of the nicest courts in SF -Peninsula area , it's safe and at that time, it should not have but a few people there.

Weather forecast: sunny 68F that afternoon.
I know most of the players there. Most are 3.0-3.5 levels, decent players but are friendly enough to let you play if you will sit on the bench & wait your turn. I suggest the better players could wait there as they prefer to play with their level. It's natural.

How many of you will be there?
May I suggest you bring your own balls, racket , a hat

Can you all voluntarily bring either some fruits like banana, cookies, artery-clogging donuts, drinks, bottled water, papercup, fingerfood (best nothing messy or greasy) like jello, sushi, chips, etc.? Best if you reply with what you will bring so we don't all end up bringing drinks!
I will bring 2 boxes of yummy cookies
We obviously can't accommodate & please everyone, so if we have at least 8 people coming, it's a good start . I say let's Go & have some fun!

Tell us how many friends are you bringing?
Here's the direction to the court:

From SF, go 280 South, take Westborough Exit (after Hickey exit), then turn left on Westborough. Go downhill all the way till you come to El Camino Real.
Make a right, turn left on first traffic light (W. Orange)
Go about 4-5 blocks (Park on your left) , left on Tennis Drive,
go one block and park at the lot you see on your left (court right next to it).

If you like, we can also let beginners have one court and the rest in second & third court, shall see.

Raymond