addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Tennis Party Message Board › Is this Meetup still active?

Is this Meetup still active?

Roger W
rogerwong
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 13
Hi,

I just moved here from Seattle where I was part of the Seattle area tennis meetup for over 2 years (asst. organizer, regular member) and it looks like this group is the largest tennis group in the Bay but no events have been scheduled for a while.

Wanted to know from anyone else on here whether people just use the message board or if there is interest in getting an active tennis meetup going. The format I've been accustomed to has been:

1) Find some public courts (free attracts) that have at least 4 courts.
2) Do 1 weeknight and 1 weekend morning meetup with 16 spots open (4 courts of doubles)
3) Organizer and Asst. Organizers go a bit early to hold courts as members arrive and just join a court suitable for play.

Most meetup members in my exp. are in the 2.0 - 3.5 range so it's usually fun. Can some San Franciscans reply with their recommendations for the best free courts in The City?
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Roger

It doesn't look like this Meetup has been active in a while. There aren't even that many messages on the board. Since you have experience running the Seattle meetup, maybe you can help us organize some events? I don't want to suggest you step on anyone's toes, so maybe you'll want to email the organizer, Rob, first.

See you on the courts,
Kim :-)