align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The South East Michigan Japanese Language Meetup Group Message Board The Ann Arbor Japanese Language Meetup Group Discussion Forum › What's a good Hotel in Japan with things in walking distance and transportat

What's a good Hotel in Japan with things in walking distance and transportation from airport to Hotel?

A former member
Post #: 7
Looking to go to Japan..
Need good recommendations because I want to enjoy my stay.
Want to enjoy the culture and catch a few Japanese clubs.
I always wanted to go on the giant Ferris Wheel that always appears in J-Dramas or Anime.

If anyone has any good ideas please share... onegaishimasu.
Itaru I.
dewey910
Group Organizer
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 180
I don't know which anime or drama you are talking about, but there are lots of Ferris Wheels in Japan. I need more specific information.
A former member
Post #: 4
Maybe you mean the one in Odaiba?
A former member
Post #: 8
Hontou ni arigatou Na chan.
Odaiba ni ikitai.. kono link wo goran nasai..

http://www.japan-guid...­

Everything is here.. Even the giant Ferris Wheel.

Now all I have to do is find an airport close enough and the perfect hotel and figure out how much to save.

Anybody know when travel agencies offer the best packages for Japan.
A former member
Post #: 12
I don't know if you already went, but if not then check out http://www.his-usa.co...­ H.I.S. is one of the biggest travel agencies in Japan, and they often have really cheap flights. I've never used them for hotels/tours though.

If you want really cheap and conveniently located hotel, consider the Hotel Asakusa & Capsule. Capsule hotels are something I think unique to Japan, where you get a room barely larger than a Japanese-style futon, which you can't even stand up in, because they're stacked 2 or 3 high. Still, this one has more than enough room to sit up, a little TV (coin operated) and is not at all like cheap roach motels in the US. There's a nice shared bath (gender segregated) and small lockers in your capsule. This one is in a good location near Asakusa station, and also near Asakusa Kaminari-mon and the famous Asakusa covered shopping street.

If you want something a bit roomier, I would still suggest the Asakusa/Ueno area - it's relatively cheap but still in central Tokyo. Nakano district is another option, which is near Shinjuku. There are express trains run by JR and Keisei from Narita Airport to Shinjuku and Ueno. There is an excellent tourist information desk inside Keisei's Ueno station.

If you've already gone, hope you had a good trip.