add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The South East Michigan Japanese Language Meetup Group Message Board UMP(Umeshu Making Party) › New Meetup: Umeshu Making Party (UMP)

New Meetup: Umeshu Making Party (UMP)

Itaru I.
Group Organizer
Ypsilanti, MI
Announcing a new Meetup for The Ann Arbor Japanese Language Meetup Group!

What: Umeshu Making Party (UMP)

When: May 17, 2009 1:00 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Meetup Description: The air is still chilly but Spring has come at least on the calendar. It means our long waited UMP time is getting close!

May 3rd was tentatively set but now it's changed to the 17th because green plum (AO-UME) won't be ready at least till early May due to the cold weather in somewhere in California where the producer located at.

I will start this event at 1 pm and you can leave a couple of hours later with your own UMESHU bottle (or bottles?)

If you are interested in making UMESHU, please sign in since I extended the RSVP due. Total cost of this event will be around $30 (shoochuu, a bag of rock sugar and green plums. As for the shoochuu, only one more bottle is left. So, late signers have to get shoochuu by yourself. You can buy them at Hiller's at 14 mile & Haggerty. $18 plus tax). I know it is cheaper to buy a bottle of UMESHU at the store but I'm sure that UMESHU bottled by yourself will be much more tastier than UMESHU you purchase from them.

We'll use one of member's residence located in Plymouth, near Beck Rd. exit on M-14.

Learn more here:­