A former member
Post #: 1
I live in SE Michigan and write poetry... so this seemed to fit. Does anybody know of any readings around here? Coffee shops? Anything?

Cheers.
Carla
user 3588438
Group Organizer
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
I live in SE Michigan and write poetry... so this seemed to fit. Does anybody know of any readings around here? Coffee shops? Anything?

Cheers.

Your timing is perfect! Here's several, including one tonight:

7-9 p.m. Saturday, April 17, Times Square Deli, 28025 Hoover in Warren (between 11 and 12 Mile). Open mic, with featured poet Matthew "Lucky Lefty" Sawyer. Co-sponsored by Troubadour 21, Poetry, Pages and Scribes and Sweet Epiphany (www.troubadour21.com, www.poetrypagescribes.com and www.sweetepiphanydetroit) Third Saturday of every month.

Every Sunday, "Soulful Sundays" 7-10 p.m. ($5 includes beverage) and Wednesday nights ($10 including snacks and beverages), 8-midnight, Sweet Epiphany

Saturday, April 24, 7-10 p.m., Che Cosa, 90 Macomb Place in downtown Mount Clemens. Co-sponsored by Troubadour 21, Poetry, Pages and Scribes and Sweet Epiphany (www.troubadour21.com, www.poetrypagescribes.com and www.sweetepiphanydetroit) This is a brand-new venue for us, so it will be all open mic for the first month or so.

Thursday, April 29, 7-9 p.m., Mount Clemens Public Library, 150 Cass Avenue in Mount Clemens. Open mic, all ages.

First Thursday of every month, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Poetry Pages and Scribes, Southfield Public Library, 26300 Everygreen Road.

These are just a few! Every night of the week, something is happening in poetry. I encourage everyone to come, listen, and bring work to read. I can vouch for these venues that you will be welcome and encouraged, and there's a whole new level you can achieve with sound and emotion and meaning by sharing your work out loud.

Keep looking. I also invite everyone on this Meetup to post poetry events; I'm always happy to see new faces and hear new works.