The Southeast Michigan Poetry Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Give your poetry a voice

New Meetup: Give your poetry a voice

Carla
user 3588438
Group Organizer
Detroit, MI
Announcing a new Meetup for The Southeast Michigan Poetry Meetup Group!

What: Give your poetry a voice

When: Thursday, May 13, 2010 7-9 p.m.

Where:
Cafe Zuzu
5701 Rochester Rd
Rochester, MI 48306
248-524-9898

You as a poet have a unique voice. Reading out loud is one way to discover the voice, the rhythm, the sounds, and the personality of your poetry.

For our first meetup "back" from the break, bring a poem to share, and if you like, a favorite poem (if we have time.) We will read and talk about each of our works. (At this point, we are NOT a critique group, but if we should decide that later, we will schedule it separately.)

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Susan W.
user 9155745
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1
I teach my karate class on Thursdays so I won't be able to make it. I know it's going to be AWESOME! Thank you, Carla, for taking this on!
Carla
user 3588438
Group Organizer
Detroit, MI
Post #: 3
I teach my karate class on Thursdays so I won't be able to make it. I know it's going to be AWESOME! Thank you, Carla, for taking this on!

Susan, I am sorry we've got a conflict. I think there's a possibility that we will also have a Sunday afternoon meeting now and again, as we did when the group was last together. Hang in there with us.