If you are not a member signup at: http://www.meetup.com...
Time: 4:15PM to 6:00PM
Location: Dulles South Safety Center at South Riding (off of Route 50 and Loundoun County Parkway) community room.
Here is the speaker's bio and abstract from Fusion-io.
Sumeet Bansal is Principal Solutions Architect for Fusion-io. He designs architectural solutions with Fusion-io products that deliver unprecedented levels of scalability, performance and simplicity.
Sumeet has more than 11 years IT and database-infrastructure experience, including work as vice-president of information technology at MS SQL-based Internet retailer Wine.com, senior database architect for MS SQL-based eVineyard inc., and systems analyst for Akiba Bank Limited.
Here is the abstract for the presentation:
Solid-state technologies are changing the way that MS SQL Server users think about running their databases. Database administrators are discovering that the TCO savings associated with radical performance enhancements, reliability improvements and reduced energy and real estate costs of solid-state technologies are leading to changes in the way their datacenters look and how their MS SQL Servers perform.
This session will address:
1) How I/O bottlenecks impact database performance and make life hard for DBAs
2) How conventional solutions fail to address this problem effectively
3) An overview of the different types of NAND Flash-based products and the advantages and disadvantages of each:
a. Disk-based SSDs
b. Onboard/Embedded PCI Express devices
c. Host-based PCI Express devices
4) How NAND Flash products enable new architectures that deliver ultra-low latency, improve reliability, and shrink infrastructure
5) An example of how e-Retailer Wine.com implemented NAND Flash solid state to successfully eliminate performance problems.
Please mark your calendars and be sure to attend the meeting to learn an in-depth Performance and Tuning, migration issues.
Meetup Group Owner and Organizer