Hello my Stockholmites.
Since you were curious enough to click on this, you must either be the adventurous type, or a slightly off tilt pyromaniac.
We'll be painting with light from burning steel wool.
Disclaimer: Participation in these events requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities, and that the Organizers, Co-Organizers and Event Hosts are in no way liable for any loss of property or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!!
With that said, the following list contains must-have supplies for steel wool photography. We will not be providing any of these supplies to the group. You have to buy all these supplies and assemble the chain yourself.
· DSLR Camera – We will be shooting in Manual Mode!! Make sure you know how to access your Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Metering, and Auto/Manual Switch on your lens. Don't forget your charged batteries and empty storage cards.
· Tripod – This is a MUST for any long exposure photography. Be warned that it may get damaged in sand and/or water.
· A small flashlight – it can be very dark outside so you will need to see what you’re doing.
· Goggles – to protect your eyes
· Hats and Hoodies – to protect your hair, scalp and body.
· Gloves – to protect your hands. Gardening gloves will work best
· One or Two Packs of Fine Steel Wool – make sure the package says “0”, “00” or “000”. The finer the steel wool, the better it will burn. Do not buy medium or coarse – they won’t burn.
· One Kitchen Whisk – with a loop at the end. Don’t buy a cheap one because it won’t last the night.
· One rope/wire or similar item. Polyester or nylon twine is not recommended as it may burn through.
· Black Electrical Tape - to secure the whisk to the rope
· A 9 volt battery to set the steel wool on fire. (or a torch style lighter)
· To assemble your light source, attach the rope or wire to the kitchen whisk's loop and secure it with the electrical tape so it doesn't fly off when you spin it. If your whisk does not have a loop, you can secure the rope against the handle of the whisk with the electrical tape.
· Please dress appropriately for the weather. We will be out in an open space and with possible winds, the winter temperature will be cold.
· Location will be disclosed closer to the date. Everyone will be asked to spin one of these, so that everyone gets a chance to take pictures. Keep this in mind before you RSVP. Also limiting this to 24 people so that it doesn't get out of hand.
Message me if you would like to try this sooner.