addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 18
From the Oxford Dictionary of Saints:

In 935, St. Dunstan was expelled from the court of King Athelstan, "accused of 'studying the vain poems and futile stories of the pagans and of being a court magician.'"

This sounds like our boy. Substitute 'Catholics' for 'pagans', of course.

Kim
A former member
Post #: 1
Wow,

I didn't realize St. Dunstan was a real saint. Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry I wasn't there on Thursday-- I had an exhausting work day and spent the evening asleep on the floor. I'm full of excitement on Thursdays.
I did read the book though and enjoyed it, though to be honest I'm not entirely sure if I could sum up the theme in one quick and easy phrase. Something along the lines of establishing self identity, roles of fate and religion in life... what do you think?

I'm looking forward to hearing the potential choices for the science fiction pick!