The Tokyo Loves Canada Meetup Group Message Board Mt. Fuji Climb Discussion › Climb Mt.

Climb Mt. Fuji in Late Summer (Tokyo Loves Canada Meet Up Group TLC) - Easier than the Canadian Rockies

Mitchell M.
user 47821412
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 67
End of July early August for the shorter climb, got it. For the sunrise do pre-dawn check.

Do they sell hiking shoes too Naeko?
Rica
user 86615602
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 1
Nice to meet you.

From this Japanse TV show, yoshida route is beginner couse,
アメトーク 富士山芸人
http://youtubewara.bl...­

There is bus from Shinjuku to 5goume(50%) of Mt.Fuji , Keiko bu to Yoshida course

This is model plan for beginner from this show

YOSHIDA route,6hrs and half(climing up) down hill 3.5hrs 16housing for rest.
PM1 50% of Mt.Fuji 5goume(yoshida course by bus)
PM5 80% of Mt.Fuji sleep at this point, domitory with foods
AM4 wake up and see sunrise
AM6 down hill to bottom

I never climed but my friends or family climbed.
Hopefully, this comedy show helps you.

Rica
user 86615602
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 4
this show of model course,
A.M2 wake up 
A.M4 to TOP of Mt.Fuji ,(sunrise AM4)
A.M6 down hill
A.M10 bottom
noon Shinjuku
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Mitch, yeah my friend recommended to have firm ankle height mountain shoes, I have to get one pair as well.
Also there is another reason why end July is better.
Typhoon season is starting, and end July is less opportunities for that.

I also found rental items are available in many shops. So once the dates are determined, better to book some of the items if you are not really into hike and do not want to purchase all the suggested items.
I will probably buy one boots but might rent some of the items from rental shop.
Dunno if you can read Japanese, but following is an example for rental shop:
http://www.clubgets.c...­
A former member
Post #: 4
My another experienced friend suggest if this is the only time in your life for climbing up to the top of Fujisan, my friend's recommendation is staying at the lodge for overnight. If the purpose is going to the top, starting from early in the morning for daytrip is also good, in this case, less equipment compare to overnight, which is also good. Regarding the course, if starting from Kawaguchi-ko lake side,and if the weather is good, we can see blessing early-morning light.cool
Rica
user 86615602
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 5
My Japanese friend may also climb with us if we can arrange schedule. He climed 4 times.That was night and daytime. Both of us have lived Vancouver.
Rica
user 86615602
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 6
I can not come Aug 4th,Sun because of my work. Maybe I have work in week day. I really wanted climb Fuji for the first challenge in My life. So,,, sad.