Sep 14, 2012 · 5:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This event is open to all members who have attended at least two previous events with our meetup group.
You are cordially invited to my home for some serious game competition. That's right - I love to play games and I love to win! If you usually lose, that's okay you can come and still have great fun.
Each month we'll play at someone else's house and one game will selected. If you don't know the game that has been selected - don't worry, we'll teach you!
To join us, you don't need to come to every game night - just come when you can or when the mood strikes you.
What to bring: $6 and the beverage of your choice
Dinner will start at 5:00 p.m. and it's okay to be late for dinner (you can eat when you get here and/or eat while you play)
Games will start at 6:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
What you should know: in case you're allergic to animals, please know that I have two dogs. I will be keeping them out of the way while we eat and play games.
What's on the menu:
- Appetizers: salsa, guacamole, chips
- Main course: Ropa Vieja (shredded beef stew) served over rice.
- Dessert: Mexican Hot Chocolate
Now why $6 you ask. Thank you for posing the question. $5 contributes to the cook's cost of the meal. and $1 will be placed in a special cash box to be awarded at the ..
International Game Night Awards Dinner to be held in May 2013:
- Winner of the "2013 International Game Night" trophy: 1 point will be given to each player with every game won during the game season. The most points accumulated will win this prestigous and coveted trohpy. You can only have it for one year until the next awards dinner because we want a chance to win it back from you!
- Winner of the "Lucky In Love" prize: this will be given to the player with the least amount of points awarded during our game nights.
- Winner of the Special Cash Box: we will have a drawing to determine the winner of this prize.