The Work of Byron Katie in Vancouver Message Board › New Meetup: Transforming Relationships – Weekend Workshop January 30 + 31

New Meetup: Transforming Relationships – Weekend Workshop January 30 + 31

Surati
user 9402031
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Announcing a new Meetup for The Vancouver Byron Katie Meetup Group!

What: Transforming Relationships – Weekend Workshop January 30 + 31

When: Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:00 AM

Price: CAD150.00

Where:
Private Studio
tbc with registered participants
Vancouver, BC V5K 0A1

Transforming Relationships – Finding Peace, Freedom and Kindness in all of your Relationships

"Human interaction can be hell... or it can be a great spiritual practice... When you receive whoever comes into your life at this moment as a noble guest, when you allow each person to be who they are, they begin to change. You may meet them for the first time..."

We will be using the tools of Art and Photo therapy and The Work of Byron Katie to look into the mirror our relationships provide -- relationships with family, friends, colleagues, people in general (and no relationship is too big or too small). Kelly will guide you in Art and Photo Therapy to bring to the surface those beliefs that contribute to creating "hell" within and in your relationships, and Surati will assist you in using The Work to examine those painful beliefs, inquire into them and find peace and freedom.

With an open mind you may also discover how you compromise your own happiness and freedom in the pursuit of pleasing others; what you think you would have if you had someone’s approval; the thoughts that stop you from living honestly and in your own integrity; and a way to discover what YOU really want.

This workshop is intended for everyone who wants to find a new way to be in relationship with others. It is appropriate for those new to and those experienced in The Work and artistic talents are definitely not a pre-requisite. The workshop is limited to 12 participants and will be held in a private studio on the Vancouver west side. If you are not familiar with The Work, you may want to consider attending one of the free intro evenings/inquiry circles.

About Surati:
I love The Work of Byron Katie and the real life changing insights it gives.
For the last two years, I have been using The Work in my personal life and in working with individuals during intro evenings, inquiry circles, and individual sessions and continue to be in awe of it's simplicity and effectiveness.

As a facilitator I use my skills to hold a clear and safe space for your inquiry and let you find what is true for you. I am enrolled in the Certification Program with the Institute for The Work and have, over the course of my life, also worked with people as a teacher for dance and movement therapy, meditation, and as a personal coach. I am passionate about making this simple effective tool available to all interested.

About Kelly:
Having grown up in a family of renowned artists and creative individuals, I have come to understand the true essence of art, its amazing potential, and the ability to heal that lays beneath it.

Through my own creative process, education, and practical experience, I have developed an ability to hold a space that allows me to aid others in safely unlocking their own pasts, and guide them to a place where they too can enjoy a full and healthy life.

As an Art and Photo Therapist, I believe I have found a way to give back all that I have received, and a resource by which I can do this. Be it through painting, drawing, construction or photography, I see each one as its own yellow brick road that when traveled upon can provide one with a way back home.

"Art is like an open window
by which all thoughts and emotions,
good and bad, can flow freely
without judgement or prejudice,
making space for the peace and newness that rests in the gentle breeze
that follows closely behind."

Schedule:
Saturday, January 30, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (bring a bagged lunch)
Sunday, January 31, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Cost:
$150 per person
(art supplies, journals and work sheets are included)

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­