The Victoria Science Fiction and Fantasy Meetup Message Board › Message from the organizer (yes, I exist)

Message from the organizer (yes, I exist)

rainbow
rainb0w
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
It is your absentee organizer here. First of all, I want to apologize for not being around to keep up things for the group. Unfortunately, I have had an extremely busy work schedule for the last few months and haven't had time to pay adequate attention to the Meetup the way I would have liked to.
To attempt to remedy this situation, I would like to appoint a couple of members as "event organizers." I've seen some people suggesting movie nights, etc. Being an event organizer simply makes that official. You don't have to do much, just suggest a possible meeting every so often. If you would like to be an event organizer, drop me a line.
Rainbow
Joe
user 122319712
Victoria, BC
Post #: 1
I put in a suggestion for watching Capt America movie in April. Anyone else interested?
Joe
user 122319712
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
Here is another suggestion. Make everyone an event organizer. I know another meetup group does this by default when new members sign up.
Ethan K.
user 106185102
Victoria, BC
Post #: 1
I don't mind organizing the occasional movie night, but there's a logistical problem - my place is pretty small (could only seat maybe 4-5 guests comfortably) and my "home theatre" setup is so antiquated it's practically running on vacuum tubes, so ideally if someone else could volunteer a space I'd bed happy to coordinate with them and handle the other aspects of organizing the event.

Incidentally, apologies to Joe - I thought I would get e-mail notifications of replies to this thread so I assumed there hadn't been any. Would have been up for some Cap, but I imagine you've made your own arrangements in the month since you posted.