The 24-Hour Dreamer Message Board › Guided Imagery Workshop - Oct. 1 - $20

Guided Imagery Workshop - Oct. 1 - $20

gegood
user 2393851
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Hello Dream Group Meetup Members:

I hope you will consider coming to my special workshop on Guided Imagery. I've put this together to show how to maximize the use of vast array of guided imagery recordings available today. I'll show: how to prepare; how to pick a recording; pros and cons of various recording styles and content; and, of course we will actually do closed-eye, Guided Imagery explorations.

Here's more:

The Beauty, Mystery, and Power of Guided Imagery- Workshop

New Workshop

Guided Imagery is a great way to explore your inner world. All you need is about 15 minutes, one of the top quality recordings easily found in stores or online, a player, a comfortable spot---and off you go.

We all want to do more---more meditation, more inner work, more this and that---but we are up against the clock and we do have finite levels of personal energy. Guided Imagery is the perfect option. Easy, highly affordable, and portable, Guided Imagery fits into any busy life and provides a fantastic, meaningful, and helpful experience.

Guided Imagery is used at major health clinics, by psychotherapists, and by peak performance trainers.

In this workshop you will learn: how to get started, how to prepare for a Guided Imagery experience, how to maximize the experience, how to deal with any problems, and how to select the right recording out of 100s for your specific needs and your specific tastes.

Live and recorded guided imagery will be used and we will sample the recorded productions of: singer Diana Krall, actor F. Murray Abraham, psychotherapist Belleruth Naperstek, and the lush soundscapes of Meditainment Recordings (and a few others).

When: Saturday October 1, 2011 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM EDT

Fee: $20

Note: If you have taken an Imagery class from us before or have attended our Imagery practice group, this workshop will provide new information not offered previously. Please consider joining us.

What you get: 3 hours of instruction; You will be taught specific techniques in class and will receive handouts for at-home use.

Note: Look for our related course, How to Imagine: Using Imagery for Creativity, Inner Exploration, and Problem Solving. Also, most months we offer a free Imagery practice group on the 3rd Saturday of the month. All these activities offer Imagery training but provide different content. Attend all three if you can.

Instructor: Gary Goodwin - Certified Interactive Imagery Guide (Academy for Guided Imagery, Santa Monica, CA); Certificate of Completion (Center for Healing and Imagery, McLean, VA); Level One - Guided Imagery and Music professional training; Mind-Body Medicine - Initial and Advanced Professional Training (Center for Mind-Body Medicine, Washington, D.C.).

Register Now!
Or contact me directly, Gary Goodwin - gegood@yahoo.com

See you there,

Gary