The 24-Hour Dreamer Message Board › New Blog Post: How to Get Started with Imagination
To see the full blog, go to: www.FireballImagery.com
Where to Get Started? Travel to your Memory Place
Leave a CommentPosted by gegood on June 6, 2012 Edit
I spent a lot of my time making imagination work hard to get to the point where I discovered it is simple. Keep things simple. Realize that we are surrounded by imagination at work, 24/7. When a friend tells you a story, when you go to the movies, or when you come up with an analogy to explain something, you are letting your imagination powers run more free than usual. Doing imagination work captures your inherent abilities to go within and imagine and makes them available for inner explorations.
In all of my workshops, during individual training, and in groups, I start with asking people call up some place in their mind’s eye that they know very, very well. It doesn’t have to be some place special. The exercise is to make the inner experience of the space increasingly vivid to the point it feels roughly like being there. To accomplish this, our imagination senses are engaged; when we walk about the space the space feels like reality. When we touch or pick up something, that too gives has the sensation of weight and space.
Getting to Your Memory Place – Steps:
1. Pick a place you know well in the real world.
2. Close your eyes and settle in. Relax downward until you start to get dreamy-like.
3. Bring to mind the memory of your selected space.
4. Be in the space by really paying attention to details such as the lighting and sounds.
5. When you are ready, walk over to some object and pick it up or at least touch it.
6. Take your time and explore your memory place. If there is something about this experience you want to remember in detail, reinforce your memory by noticing a few more times what you want to remember while holding the intention in mind: “This is important to me and I want to remember it well.”
7. When you are ready to wrap up your inner explorations, reverse the process: start to become aware of your body, then the room, where you are, and the day of the week. Come on back fully.
Of course, repeat many times to: master the above steps, the experience, and what you need to do to go deeper next time. Happy travelling.