The Washington DC Adventure Travel Club Message Board › ***Great families Needed for this Sunday!!!****

***Great families Needed for this Sunday!!!****

Melody
user 11209111
Winchester, VA
Post #: 24
Hello! This summer I am coordinating two groups of French students. The first just left this past weekend, and the second will arrive on SUNDAY!! They will be here from Sunday July 31 - Aug 20 (3 short weeks) and I still need Host Families for TWO MORE boys! I realize that it is last minute, and I know that you and your families are very busy….. but with them coming on SUNDAY, I am reaching out wherever I can! Given my desperate need to find great families for kids coming in just THREE DAYS, I will do anything I can to help with transportation and making the experience as easy as possible if you decide you can host .
>
> Meet Damien: Damien is 16. He loves history and is excited to learn and see all the American history DC has to offer.
> Meet Paul-Andre: Paul-Andre is a 14 year old french boy that loves Baseball! Can you believe that, baseball. He sure will love when we go to the Nats Game on 8/3.
>
> The basic responsibilities for hosting a student is to offer the student their own bed and private space (doesn't have to be their own bedroom, but they do need a private area), 3 meals a day and transportation to and from our weekly activities. The rest of time, they are looking to learn about American culture and practice their English. It is not at all a requirement for families to speak or understand French because the students want to practice English. That said, families may practice/speak French while the students are here as long as they give the students an equal opportunity to practice their English. Some students are far more proficient in English than others so understanding another language can come handy. Host families range from working parents to stay-at-home parents. with children and without. Students realize that they will be in many different family types and that’s why they sign up for these programs.
>
> While here, the students take part in several group activities. The August program has 3 full day and 6 half day activities. These activities give students more than enough to stay busy during the week. There are also other optional outings that other families do and many times families work together and take each other's kids. From the get-go, I work with all my host families to create a wonderful environment where you are not only meeting a student, but also other's in the community. You'll find every host willing to work together and help one another to be sure everyone (host and students) have a great time.
>
> If you think we can make this work, I will need to get you signed up ASAP (they arrive SUNDAY). Please call and I can take your information over the phone. I will explain the transportation needs for the activities and send the applications for the last two boys who need host families. Again, if transportation is your only concern, I can assure you that we can work around that.
>
> Lastly, a mandatory Host Family Orientation is schedule for tomorrow night. This will be another great opportunity to work out the details of the program, and prepare for the students arrival on SUNDAY!
>
> Please feel free to call anytime to talk about the details. I hope to have you join the family! If this won;t work for your family, please do pass it on to anyone else, calls/emails/facebook!!! I really have to find 2 families today!

> Rachael
> 202.276.5219
> Melody
> 540.336.5144