The West Suburban Divorce Support Group Message Board › Suggestions on ending the ex from filing for nonsense after divorce is settled

Suggestions on ending the ex from filing for nonsense after divorce is settled

Susan
user 73847802
Downers Grove, IL
Post #: 1
I settled on an uncontested divorce, without having representation just to put an end to a toxic situation. My ex cleaned out any belongings of value while I took 2 children to college. 9 mos later I am still discovering missing items. Several months after the divorce was finalized, he filed suit for items that did not exist or he already took from the home. His demands were so absurd that he even named "the purple bathroom rug" in a suit. And the list goes on. How do I stop this? I am being financially drained. Thank you.
Monica
user 61913932
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 15
hi Susan,

i have been there too ( was in Court for 6 years and am familiar with all legal tactics). Try to reach out to your former husband and settle the conflict amicably if you can. Otherwise, lawyers will keep billing you even when they are laughing. They play on both parties' bruised egos, and keep increasing their billable hours. My 2 cents...lawyers aren't loyal to anyone. Save your resources.
Susan
user 73847802
Downers Grove, IL
Post #: 2
Thank you.I have been amicable. Thus, the reason I gave up 90% to be free, but my ex just wants to continue down the road of nonsense. I keep praying and looking to the Psalms for support.