The West Suburban Divorce Support Group Message Board › Illinois Distribution of Assets Part 3

Illinois Distribution of Assets Part 3

Crystal
user 8697468
Lyons, IL
Post #: 4
(j) After proofs have closed in the final hearing on all other issues between the parties (or in conjunction with the final hearing, if all parties so stipulate) and before judgment is entered, a party's petition for contribution to fees and costs incurred in the proceeding shall be heard and decided, in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) A petition for contribution, if not filed before
the final hearing on other issues between the parties, shall be filed no later than 30 days after the closing of proofs in the final hearing or within such other period as the court orders.

(2) Any award of contribution to one party from the
other party shall be based on the criteria for division of marital property under this Section 503 and, if maintenance has been awarded, on the criteria for an award of maintenance under Section 504.

(3) The filing of a petition for contribution shall
not be deemed to constitute a waiver of the attorney-client privilege between the petitioning party and current or former counsel; and such a waiver shall not constitute a prerequisite to a hearing for contribution. If either party's presentation on contribution, however, includes evidence within the scope of the attorney-client privilege, the disclosure or disclosures shall be narrowly construed and shall not be deemed by the court to constitute a general waiver of the privilege as to matters beyond the scope of the presentation.

(4) No finding on which a contribution award is
based or denied shall be asserted against counsel or former counsel for purposes of any hearing under subsection (c) or (e) of Section 508.

(5) A contribution award (payable to either the petitioning party or the party's counsel, or jointly, as the court determines) may be in the form of either a set dollar amount or a percentage of fees and costs (or a portion of fees and costs) to be subsequently agreed upon by the petitioning party and counsel or, alternatively, thereafter determined in a hearing pursuant to subsection (c) of Section 508 or previously or thereafter determined in an independent proceeding under subsection (e) of Section 508.

(6) The changes to this Section 503 made by this
amendatory Act of 1996 apply to cases pending on or after June 1, 1997, except as otherwise provided in Section 508.

(Source: P.A. 95-374, eff. 1-1-08.)
A former member
Post #: 2
I am new to the group....I have this strong passion for educating people on what goes on in Du Page County Courthouse and in the legal system. I have a very interesting case! I have advised people how important it is to purchase transcripts of court proceedings. I noticed some people on this message board and on other groups do not feel like their attorneys are addressing their needs. Transcripts provide proof of what is going on. Maybe you don't understand what is happening? Maybe you are confused? Listen to your instincts. Many times attorneys are giving you good advice, but you MUST trust your own instincts.

My transcripts reflect what Judge Popejoy, Dan Kuhn, Juli Gumina and Maureen Sullivan Taylor did to me in court. They are a horrible reflection of what goes on in a court of law in Du Page. I have much more evidence to show how this was just part of how this citizen has been treated....I am frankly worried that these problems exist for many of you....I am hoping to CLEAN UP FAMILY COURT as peacefully as possible. Family Court is a very sensitive area of the law....
The transcripts are just one part of my evidence. My Dad gave me great advice years ago: don't throw anything away! Keep all legal papers....I hope you all do the same. Furthermore, the ARDC, Judicial Inquiry Board; Lisa Madigan's office -- and Joe Birkett/new State's Attorney are there to help citizens!!!Sandra Pihos, Judy Biggert, Congressman Roskam, Senator Durbin, and Senator Kirk are there to protect our citizens! Provide them with accurate and detailed files. At some point, they will hear the sound of our cries for justice!