The Women of Colour Group is a forum where FIERCE/STRONG-minded, BLACK (of descent or mixed) women can JOIN, MEET, SUPPORT the BLACK community and hopefully BUILD DEEP ever-lasting friendships.
This group aims to be safe but FUN & ADVENTUROUS by trying new and/or different activities around or within the GTA, Ontario, Canada and the whole wide WORLD!
The Fierce Women who join this group are professionals, students (over the age of 18), educators, and someone's beloved mother, daughter, girlfriend/wife or sister.
Whether it be hiking, comedy clubs, dining out, fashion shows, sporting events or getaway trips - this group is ALL about having an OPEN MIND, bringing POSITIVE ENERGY, ACTIVELY ENGAGING & being SOCIAL!!!
>> We do NOT discriminate. If you are a Fierce Woman of another race or ethnicity but wish to join this group, we welcome you with open arms! <<
So here's the Scoop AKA the 411
1. There is NO membership fee at this time - however - VOLUNTARY donations to help cover group costs are ALWAYS accepted & much appreciated ;).
2. A CLEAR picture of yourself (ie your FACE), needs to be posted in order to get accepted into the group.
3. This group is about QUALITY not quantity as we want ACTIVE people, not stagnant amoebas lol. We don't bite, I promise! So I ask that ALL members either host OR show up/come out to least 1 Meetup Event each Calendar Year. In the very near future, INACTIVE members WILL be removed from this group so it can thrive.
4. Now I know that posting Meetup Events can be a challenging or frightening experience for some - but it is SOOO WORTH IT & extremely rewarding! If you need any help or advice please feel free to connect with either myself or Kay (official Event Host).
5. If/when you register for a Meetup Event, please take your commitment to attend SERIOUSLY. We hate CORN FLAKES i.e. women who RSVP "Yes" initially for an event and thennnnnn... either a. change their RSVP to "No" at the LAST minute - OR - b. don't update their RSVP AND don't show up AT ALL!
I FIRMLY believe in giving people the benefit of doubt to act courteously & respectfully. BUT, my mama didn't raise no FOOL! SO if serious problems arise again in the near future I will be forced to take action i.e. remove the women who consistently FLOP i.e. "no show" at events AND/OR change their RSVP status to "No" only hours or minutes before an event begins.
6. You have read the liability disclaimer and agree. Let me explain why this is necessary:
A liability disclaimer is necessary for participants of ANY activity to acknowledge the risks that are likely to occur in the event of these activities. It releases the Organizers, Hosts and Members of liability of damage or injuries caused to participants during their participation.
FYI this disclaimer is ALSO found under the Page tab.
Thanks for joining & we can't wait to meet/see you soon! :)
7,710 Friendly Members
212 Caribbean Music Lovers
177 Afrocentric Stylers