Welcome to the Woodridge, Lisle and Downers Grove Meetup Group for social gatherings of 30- and 40-something professionals. Our goal is to make this a light-hearted social group to meet professional people with similar interests and, most of all, have fun.
Our group activities may include events such as--but are not limited to--getting together for dinners, happy hours, picnics, live music/concert, festivals, night life, dancing, etc. This group is about meeting new friends with similar interests, networking, socializing and basically just having a good time. It is open to single, not-so-single, divorced, married, partnered, etc., individuals. Although a lot of our events take place in the Woodridge/Lisle/Downers Grove areas, we do have many members who live in the immediate surrounding areas--and beyond. Living in the aforementioned towns is not a requirement of the group.
This group is for those people who:
1. Are new to the area.
2. Want to expand their circle of friends.
3. Have had friends who have moved out of state.
4. Have friends who have limited time to hang out.
5. Want to make new friends.
This is NOT a group in which to:
1. Promote your own Meetup group or other events that you organize within our group and try to recruit members, either at the events, on the message boards or in individual e-mails to members. Anyone who joins our group and attends events solely to promote their own Meetup agenda will be removed from the group.
2. Push a political or religious agenda.
3. Directly sell or promote a business, products or services at an event, on the message boards, in greeting areas or through individual e-mails to members. Anyone who violates this rule will be banned from the group.
4. Blatantly pursue dating opportunities, either at the events, through the message boards and greetings areas, or in personal e-mails to other members. Posting inappropriate comments on the message boards or in members' personal greetings areas or through e-mail (i.e., rude comments toward other members, invitations for dates, etc.), will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the group.
If your only interest in joining this group is to "hook up," then this is not the right group for you. Just a reminder that this is a social group and NOT a singles/matchmaking group. If you hit it off with someone in the group and strike up a relationship that's great, but blatant attempts at hitting on group members who are not receptive to or who are made uncomfortable by those types of advances won't be tolerated.
Also, if you network and find someone who performs a service based on their job that is great as well, but our events are not meant to be places where you can come with the intent only to promote a product, a business or a service.