Welcome to the Woodridge, Lisle and Downers Grove Meetup Group for social gatherings of 30- and 40-something professionals. Our goal is to make this a light-hearted social group in which to meet professional people with similar interests and, most of all, have fun!
Our group activities may include events such as--but are not limited to--getting together for dinners, happy hours, picnics, live music/concerts, festivals, night life, dancing, etc. This group is about meeting new friends with similar interests, socializing and basically just having a great time. We welcome single, not-so-single, divorced, married, partnered, etc., individuals. Although a lot of our events take place in the Woodridge/Lisle/Downers Grove areas, we do have many friends who live in the immediate surrounding areas--and beyond. Living in the aforementioned towns is not a requirement of the group.
In order to join the group, we request that you post as your main photo in your profile a recent--last year or two--headshot of yourself in which your face is clearly visible. Unless you and another person are joining the group as a couple, it's preferable that you are the only adult in the photo. It's important that organizers and event hosts--and even the other group members--be able to recognize and properly greet and remember new people at events; we are not able to do that if we don't know what you look like.
Acceptance into the group will not take place unless this photo requirement is met. Further, a clear, recognizable picture must remain up as the main picture in the profile throughout membership, or the profile will be taken down as soon as it is noted.
We recommend that people list only their first names in their profiles, or their first name and their last-name initial. While some members do include their complete names, it is not necessary.
This group is for those people who:
1. Are new to the area.
2. Want to expand their circle of friends.
3. Have had friends who have moved out of state.
4. Have friends who have limited time to hang out.
5. Want to make new friends.
This is NOT a group in which to:
1. Promote within our group your own Meetup group or other events and try to recruit members, either at the events, on the message boards or in individual e-mails to members. Anyone who joins our group and attends events solely to promote their own Meetup agenda will be removed from the group.
2. Push a political or religious agenda.
3. Directly sell or promote a business, products or services at an event, on the message boards, in greeting areas or through individual e-mails to members. Anyone who violates this rule will be banned from the group.
4. Blatantly pursue dating opportunities, either at the events, through the message boards and greetings areas, or in personal e-mails to other members. Posting inappropriate comments on the message boards or in members' personal greetings areas or through e-mail (i.e., rude comments toward other members, invitations for dates, etc.), will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the group.
If your only interest in joining this group is to "hook up," then this is not the right group for you. Just a reminder that this is a social group and NOT a singles/matchmaking group. If you hit it off with someone in the group and strike up a relationship that's great, but blatant attempts at hitting on group members who are not receptive to or who are made uncomfortable by those types of advances won't be tolerated.
Also, if you network and find someone who performs a service based on their job that is great as well, but our events are not meant to be places where you can come with the intent only to promote a product, a business or a service.