addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The World Affairs Discussion Group Message Board › The World Affairs Discussion Group: Please suggest topics

The World Affairs Discussion Group: Please suggest topics

John Van P.
JohnVP
Marbella, ES
Dear World Affairs Discussion Group members,

I'd like to post a topic for our May meetup later this week or early next week. Before doing so I'd like to invite all members to suggest topics.

If we do not get to your topic next time I will keep it in mind for a future meeting.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best,

John
A former member
Post #: 2

Population - Can anyone else see the elephant in the room?

According to the International Data Base Census; the world population increased from 3 billion in 1959 to 6 billion by 1999, a doubling that occurred over 40 years.

I believe population is a topic central to many others. (famine, pollution, disease, land and water shortages and disputes, genocide, species extinction, child exploitation, etc).

Is it feasible to organize a sustainable birthrate voluntairly among different nations and cultures? Or will the balance be achieved via the crises mentioined above?
Danny E.
user 9532693
Oceanside, CA
Post #: 1
I am down for population.

Can anyone say Thomas Malthus? Better dust off the copy of 'An Essay on the Principle of Population.'

I would also enjoy discussing different theoretical approaches to International Affairs (i.e., Realism, Liberalism) and what others think the merits and downfalls are of each.