(This week is a special "extended" session. Teresa, Shamik and Jeff (at the least) will stay late, until at least 1pm. The group had a desire to see what would happen in a longer session We'll be writing from 9am-1pm (4 hours). We encourage you to come in with a project in mind and see what you can get done in 4 hours of uninterrupted work. If it is successful, we can consider making our regular sessions longer or doing these special extended meetings on a regular basis. Of course, you are always welcome to stay late on your own, but on this occasion several of us are daring you to.)
Here's the lowdown on our usual TWAR meetings.....
8:30 to 9:00 am - In the first 30 minutes, let’s talk, plug in, and queue up the death metal you like to listen to while you write. Buy things from the good folks at Thunderbird Coffee.
9:00 to 10:00 am - We stop talking and go to our quiet place. Write, or at least let others write for this hour. After the hour has concluded, you can continue writing, leave, talk - I don’t care what you do. Please don't disturb those still working.
The format and guidelines for this group are lovingly adapted from our friends at Sit Down, Shut Up And Write.
Thunderbird Coffee, Koenig Lane, is now our firm location for this Sunday session. Feedback from members has been overwhelmingly positive. Here are some things that can be said about Thunderbird Coffee:
- Thunderbird opens at 8am and some us show up early. Many stay late.
- This coffee shop has couches, chairs, a bar, and even an outside deck. Write where you are comfortable.
- At the tail end of these meetings the shop can become quite busy. At the beginning there are usually only a couple of us there. Although the shop can be very active, no one has complained. The lighting and energy are great for most of us.
- Parking is not infinite. But during these early morning hours, it's usually no problem.
- Thunderbird has coffee, pastries, tacos and beer. Please leave your table clean when you leave. The owners know us and are happy we're there. Let's keep it that way.
- There's music playing, often quite loud. Headphones are your friend.
If you RSVP you are coming, please come, or change your RSVP. Having an accurate count of who has been there matters when we send out updates and new communications to the group.
Otherwise, if you are respectful to others and work with us, there are no rules. It’s not the Marines. They get up even earlier.
There is no fee. We have nothing to sell. but to keep the love between the venue and the writers, I encourage you to buy coffee, tacos, pastries, and beer if you’re into that kind of thing early on a Sunday morning. If you want to mention you are with the writing group it doesn’t hurt our stock.