The Zurich Board Games Meetup Group Message Board › Playing online

Playing online

user 160091952
Zürich, CH
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,
I'm moving to Zurich next September, and I'm glad to have found this group because playing boardgames is one of my passions. Just wanted to comment that there is a webpage that has a very nice interface for playing games online:

It has many interesting games (that you can play live or turn based):
-Through the ages
-Race for the galaxy
-Puerto Rico
-Im Jahr des Drachen
and many more.... (you can check the game catalog)

My nick in this webpage is xord if anyone is interested in playing with me, and would have no problem explaining some games.

I've also seen that you played Terra Mystica the other day. There's another web (my nickname is xordium):

You can even play against an AI online in:­

Finally, there is an alternative place to play TtA (which I think is better for non-live games). My nickname is jordi84:

There are many more places where to play online, you can share them in this thread, and if anyone is interested in playing something I will gladly accept. Playing online does not have the charm of playing in front of the person, but it has some advantages (you don't have to keep moving tokens from place to place which may be error prone).

Hoping to hear from you! wink
Zürich, CH
Post #: 2
Hey Jordi,

Some of us play a lot of netrunner online (via OCTGN). Are you perchance a netrunner player? I've never played games like those you mentioned online. Do you sit and play the entire game in a couple hours, or is it more like you take your turn when you get a chance and so it takes a couple days?

By next September do you mean next month? Or in 13 months?

Welcome to Zürich!

user 160091952
Zürich, CH
Post #: 2
I've never play netrunner, but I will read the manual and give a try. I'll keep you informed if I start playing online.

I usually do sit and play the whole game in one session (it usually takes much less time than when playing face to face). Although you also have the option to play through multiple sessions.

I will be arriving in Zürich next month, I will try to make it for the first Sunday of September meet up.

See you soon!
Dana M.
user 73008702
Horgen, CH
Post #: 3
Thanks for the recommendation for Board Game Arena. I've been checking it out over the past couple of weeks and I really enjoy it. It's got a great selection of games and an amazing interface. The rating system makes it easy to find players at your same level and helps hold people accountable for their choices (like penalties for quitting a game in the middle, for example).

Is anyone else playing there?