If you're looking for a way to hang out with allies, while bidding to score pieces from local artists or gift certificates to local arts spaces, then this is your jam.
Get your sliding scale tickets from brown paper tickets: http://artalliesproject.bpt.me/ OR donate at the door.
If you win some items being Auctioned, you could have quite the day.
Imagine this: You won your bid for a gift certificate to get some ink; While getting said tattoo, you can read some Kevin Keller Archie comics; Then after you've recovered, you can stop by The Laughing Pint to cash in the voucher you won, to show off your new piece.
Heck, you'll be able to bid to get a gift certificate from Charm City Cakes that can honor your new tattoo in edible form.
Here's a growing list of current donors sure to be razzed by our emcee Ms. Tia Chambers:
• Amazing Spiral: Books, Comics & Toys • Beadazzled
• Charm City Cakes • Cyclops Books • Damn Good Doormats, LLC • Deborah “Spice” Kleinmann • Doubledutch
• Election Day Advent Calendars, funded by kickstarter • Fleckenstein Gallery & Archival Framing • Gerry Fisher, Life Coach • Have Fun Be Lucky Tattoo • Light Street Bikes
• Lovely Yarns • Milk & Honey • Normals Books & Records
• Read Street Tattoo • Robin Harris Acupuncture • Stoop Storytelling Series • Sugar, in Hampden• The Laughing Pint
Local artists offering pieces from their collection:
• Albert Schweitzer • Anastasia Tantaros • Chris Nelson
• Destinee Nicole Montague Thurston • Kelly Walker • Louise Zecha • Michael LaPage • R.A. Hoffman • Sean of S.C. Lord Design • Tim Goecke
• Go DJ, That’s My DJ, You’re the DJ: 8-10 minute Playlist slots where you share your MP3 mix with the crowd
Donations list to grow...
Entertainment you ask? Of course there will be entertainment.
YOU! We'll be auctioning off spots to be a DJ for the event via your MP3 playlist; to be played in-between sets.
Also on the set list:
'Stoop Story Rejects' share their funny, quirky, charming, and yes, sad tales (whomp whomp) of LGBTQ & ally life.
Drag Show. Live Music. Done.
Food? Appetizers. They'll help you from feeling famished from your aperitif.
Did we mention alcohol? Beverages? The bar will be open. Drinks with and without a punch. Cash & Plastic accepted.
All Donations for tickets & auction prize bids will be going to the local Marylanders For Marriage Equality Campaign.
You'll be able to hang out with some allies in the arts scene, bid to win some great gifts, be entertained, register to vote, find out what's going on with the Art Allies Project or the campaign, and just let loose from work.
This event is ONLY sure to disappoint if your beautiful face doesn't show up.
Sliding Scale Tickets here: http://artalliesproject.bpt.me/ OR at the door.
Hope to see you there.
Art Allies Project
p.s. For more info about the donations form the donors, please see the Notes on the main page.