This medium walk (20km or 11.8 miles) will take us through the gorgeous High Weald around Battle.
The historians amongst you will know this as 1066 country or the area where the Battle of Hastings took place. Let’s just say that poor King Harold didn’t like that year very much.
This is a hilly walk with some amazing views, local sheep, a mix of fields and woodland and of course a mid-way pub. (It’s still too cold for picnicking) But be prepared. It will be muddy!
Difficulty: 5 out of 10. We'll keep an easy pace and though you'll need a good pare of hiking boots, you don't need to be especially fit or experienced to complete this walk.
Meeting point is London Bridge Station in front of M&S at 8am.
Costs: 14.60.This is for your train ticket. As always, I don’t make money out of these walks, but feel free to buy me a pint in the pub.
- Plenty of water
- Sensible footwear with good grip. Hills + Mud = Slippery Slopes.
- Waterproofs – It’s England after all
- Snack for the train and breaks
- Cash for the pub
In a nutshell:
- Meet at M&S London Bridge Station at 8am
- We’ll be back in London around 7 or 8pm.
- We're going rain or shine, unless conditions are hazardous.
Please note that the will be no train stations mid-way. By signing up you declare yourself fit and healthy enough to complete the walk.