addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Alaska Mountaineers Message Board › Winter climbing

Winter climbing

Cody P.
user 13471766
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 2
Anyone interested in doing a 1-2 day trip in the local mountains? I just moved here and want to get out in the mountains. I have winter mountaineering experience.
Jon M.
ClimbHighAK
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 1
Give it a month or two and the temps get more comfortable and more daylight. Pretty bone chilling at the moment.
Ted j.
user 11304259
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 3
Anyone interested in doing a 1-2 day trip in the local mountains? I just moved here and want to get out in the mountains. I have winter mountaineering experience.

i go back to south suicide or the ramp and wedge about every other weekend, went last weekend so im not sure if ill go agian before the holidays, the colder temps kinda make it nice as long as theres not alot of wind. ill keep you posted on the next trip i plan on doing
A former member
Post #: 12

i go back to south suicide or the ramp and wedge about every other weekend, went last weekend so im not sure if ill go agian before the holidays, the colder temps kinda make it nice as long as theres not alot of wind. ill keep you posted on the next trip i plan on doing
Hey TJ & Cody....I'm new to the 'mountaineering' (I'm taking the "basic" mountaineering course with MCA) but have done a lot of "scrambling" along the front-range and back in the South Fork of Eagle River...(ridges on either side of the valley & Harp & out the ridge down into the Hanging Valley)...as daylight increases, I'm 'game'!