The Alaska Mountaineers Message Board › Day trips

Day trips

Sara M
user 12890086
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
A lot of the meetups seem to be multi day trips, I just started a new job so my schedule isn't great yet (and not much time off). Is anyone interested in shorter outings for now?? Even just two days instead of seven ;)
A former member
Post #: 627
I don't have a 4-season tent or I'd be interested. Unless someone had a 2-person tent they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd definitely carry the load.

But yeah, I'm with Sara, if anyone is interested I can really only do 2-3 night trips at this point until I get some vacation time saved up.
A former member
Post #: 628
Actually scratch that, just bought a 4 season two person tent I can share
A former member
Post #: 2
Yep, I live in Seward and pretty much just have weekends free.
A former member
Post #: 629
I put a suggestion for a climb for later April, let me know if you're interested. I really don't know the area, so I haven't put a climb yet, but definitely open to suggestions
Sara M
user 12890086
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Hey Michael! Sorry for the belated reply, haven't been on here much. I am really new to the area so I am not sure where to go. I found a nice little camp spot down by Cooper Landing awhile back, nice hike in and sits on a couple of lakes.

I am open to anything though, I just want to get out and explore Alaska
A former member
Post #: 632
Hey Sara, I sent you a message earlier...

In case anyone else is interested, I'm down to do some day climbing and some backpacking. Maybe like a 2 day 1 night thing for now. Message me or post here if anyone has any interest.
A former member
Post #: 3
I may be planning to come up to the Anchorage area next weekend if folks are interested in something like ice climbing out at the Mat-su glacier or heading up a peak in the Chugach.
A former member
Post #: 634
Do you mean this weekend? As in the 4th and 5th? Or next weekend as in the 11th?
A former member
Post #: 4
Looking like the 11th at this point but I think the MCA has an event in the works for crevasse rescue, so I likely will try to attend that.