New to the Atlanta Market. Let Your Voice Be Heard!
Limited to 12 Tasters ONLY
Advanced Payment Required - $25 per Person
VGV Imports is considering importing these wines from Italy.
From D'Angelo - Basilicata is considered the up and coming region in Italy - the next great wine region. It is the "arch" of the boot. Vino Italiano - the comprehensive Italian wine guide - calls D'Angelo's wines "the standards by which all other Basilicata wines are judged."
From Il Falchetto - Produces Italy's only Tre Bicchieri (highest wine rating) Moscato D'Asti. Plus a host of other lovely Piedmont selections. Affordable and delicious.
This Meetup will serve as a focus group to help us determine which of the wines might have the greatest success.
Nine wines will be tasted and discussed. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun - we want your honest opinion. All we ask is an open mind.
The wines to be tasted as as follows:
1. D'Angelo - Sacravite. 100% Aglianico del Vulture. Aged for five months in Slavonian oak barriques and five months in stainless steel. Full bodied and smooth.
2. D'Angelo - Valle del Noce. 100% Aglianico del Vulture. 15-20 months of aging in large, French oak tonneau. Full bodied and powerful.
3. D'Angelo - Caselle. 100% Aglianico del Vulture. 24 months in large French oak tonneau. Aging potential of 15+ years. Full bodied and balanced.
4. Il Falchetto - Chardonnay. 100% Chardonnay. Unoaked. Lots of clean fruit on the nose and palate.
5. Il Falchetto - Arneis. 100% Arneis. The soil composition gives this wine an intense mineral nose. Soft and very drinkable.
6. Il Falchetto - Barbarossa. 100% Nebbiolo. Our notes from Vinitaly say, "this could beat many Barolos." Unfiltered. Aged for 12 months in Slavonian oak barriques.
7. Il Falchetto - Solo. 100% Pinot Noir. A sturdy, Piedmont style Pinot Noir. Elegant and gorgeous. Aged for 10 months in French oak barrique.
8. Il Falchetto - Tenuta del Fant. Moscato D'Asti. Received Italy's highest wine rating of Tre Bicchieri. Notes of Honeysuckle, lychee and peach. Amazing.
9. Il Falchetto - Brachetto D'Acqui. 100% Brachetto. Mild ruby red color. Strawberries and chocolate covered cherries. .