We have had to limit this event to 40 people. Please pay in advance to reserve your spot, unless you email [masked] to confirm payment at the door. Unpaid reservations will be removed from the RSVP list on Monday, August 12th in order to allow the Wait List to move up.
Please join us to explore the wines of Sierra Batuco on Wednesday, August 14th. http://www.sierrabatuco.com/index.html
$15.00 at the door, $10.00 in advance here: http://sierrabatucoaug14.eventbrite.com/
Pioneering wines from Chile's coastal frontier: Lost in the hills of Chile's coastal mountains, the small village of Batuco has been making exquisite wine for years; a well kept secret of the region.
We will be tasting six wines on Wednesday:
- Sauvignon Blanc Reserva: This Sauvignon Blanc is pale yellow with silver highlights. The nose is of passionfruit and guava blended with citrus and tropical fruits such as lime, grapefruit, and bananas, supplemented with soft floral notes and mineral touches. The plaate is elegant, with good acidity, great volume and lingering persistence.
- Pinot Noir Reserva: This wines has a nose of plum and vanilla, which open up in the mouth with notes of cherries and toffee and lingering licorice notes. A great wine for rich foods with heavy sauces, like magret de canard, pasta with sauces, or meat with sauces.
- Malbec Reserva: This wine is full of red fruits, prunes, soft tannins, with notes of chocolate and coconut. Vivid red fruits and fresh, fine floral notes reminiscent of laender and violets perfume on a final smoke and toasted hazelnuts. Its color is intesnse violet.
- Carmenere Reserva: This Carmenere has aromas of dry leaves and wihte pepper that unfold with respberry and blackberry fruit flavors, silky smooth tannins, and a lovely complex finish. Great for lamp or pork dishes.
- Red Blend Reserva: This red blend is silky, full-bodied, with aromas of violets and cassis, light smoke and wild fruit species. The color is deepand intense. It is a wine that combines perfectly with ripe cheese, pastas and game such as wild boar, and birds.
- The Lone Rider Gran Reserva: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot. This wine opens up with deep rich notes of prunes, blackberries and blueberries that go on developing in the mouth from red fruit to dark fruit to notes of chocolate and spice, finally finishing with lingering notes of graphite and spices.