New to the Atlanta Market. Let Your Voice Be Heard!
Limited Seating (12-16)
Advanced Payment Required - $25 per Person
VGV Imports is considering importing these wines from the La Mancha in Spain, the Loire Valley in France, and the Veneto in Italy. This Meetup will serve as a focus group to help us determine which of the wines might have the greatest success.
Eight wines will be tasted and discussed. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun - we want your honest opinion. All we ask is an open mind.
Finca El Refugio - This small family owned winery is located in La Mancha, the rising star of the Spanish wine world. The continental climate means cold winters and hot summers.
Jean Colin - Located in the central Loire Valley. The focus is on the traditional reds and whites from the region featuring Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir.
Cantina F.illi Zeni - Located in Bardolino, Zeni produces excellent example of all of the Veneto's beloved styles from Custoza to Soave, Bardolino to Amarone.
The wines to be tasted are as follows:
1. Finca El Refugio - Verdejo. LaMancha. 100% Verdejo. Pale straw color with hints of lime green. Awarded Five Stars (highest rating) in the Penin Wine Guide for quality to price ratio.
2. Finca El Refugio - Syrah Rosé. LaMancha. 100% Syrah. Fresh and fruity, this rosé is dry and delicious. A perfect summer sipper.
3. Finca El Refugio - Tempranillo. LaMancha. 100% Tempranillo. Aged for 3 months in French oak. Well balanced with bright acidity.
4. Finca El Refugio - Syrah. LaMancha. 100% Syrah. Aged for 6 months in French oak. Bold and rich.
5. Jean Colin - Sancerre. Loire Valley. 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Stainless steel. A refreshing example of the Loire Valley's most renown white wine.
6. Jean Colin - Pouilly-Fumé. Loire Valley. 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Stainless steel. Located right up the river from Sancerre. Tasting a Sancerre and a Pouilly-Fumé side by side makes for a great learning opportunity - and is a lot of fun.
7. Zeni - Custoza Vigne Alte. Veneto. 40% Garganega, 30% Chardonnay, 20% Tocai and 10% Trebbiano. This is an unexpected gem. Custoza is the preferred white wine in Verona.
8. Zeni - Marogne Soave. Veneto. 95% Garganega, and 5% Trebbiano. Not your typical Soave. Gently oaked, rich and luxurious.