This will be such a fun time! Everyone gets those awful gifts during the holidays...the ones that just sit in your closet and gather dust...well this event will give you a chance to get rid of them and possibly bring home something worse :) ! These exchanges are always more fun when people start stealing gifts...so please put on your worst behavior for this one!
I will have a selection of wines to taste. Bring a dish to share as well as a wrapped gift for the exchange.
$10 advance here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=M8V5RFD2LQCNG
or $15 at the door.
Official Regifting Party Rules
Love the idea of recycling gifts? Why not host a party rampant with regifting?
Similar to a White Elephant Gift Exchange or Yankee Swap, your guests will bring and leave with one gift each. The difference is that this party is paradise for regifters—no first time gifts are allowed.
Here’s how to play:
1. Each guest brings one wrapped regift.
2. Next, all guests draw a number.
3. The regifter with the lowest number chooses a wrapped regift and opens it for everyone to see.
4. Here’s where things get interesting. The person with the next lowest number can either take the opened regift or select a “new” wrapped regift. If they choose a “new” regift, they must open it for all to see.
5. This trend goes on for some time (depending on how many guests you have). Each subsequent person is allowed to either unwrap a “new” regift or take any of the regifts already opened.
6. If a regift is taken from someone, that person gets to immediately choose another “new” gift to open or they can get revenge by stealing someone else’s gift.
7. When all the regifts have been opened, the person with the lowest number gets to trade with anyone or keep the regularly rejected regift they ended up with. It’s only fair.
On the off chance that you don’t love what you end up with, you can always regift to charity.