The Performing Arts Center, located just off The Mall in Charlottesville, is set to hold their annual Gala event on Saturday, October 27. We covered the event last year, and Live Arts has once again asked for volunteers.
There are two main aspects of photography this event will entail: 1) Photo Journalism; 2) Formal Portraiture. As always, we encourage all of our members to step up and take part in these activities. There is no required skill-level; all we ask is that you have a basic understanding of exposure and photography in general and that you own a camera and are well associated with its functions.
1) Photo Journalism: In this position, the photographer will meander the venue, documenting key aspects of the environment and guests and their overall interaction. There will be instruction given the day of the event in regard to which area to study and what to look out for with respect to important guests and entertainment.
2) Formal Portraiture: Between 6 and 7 pm there will be a formal photo setup in which guests will be encouraged to participate. The setup will be designed by Nick Silvester with lighting equipment provided by Nick/CPI and the backdrop provided by the Center; it is not necessary for you to have any of this equipment in order for you to participate. There is one additional volunteer needed for this set up.
- The date of this is event is October 27, 2012.
- Doors open at 6:00 P.M. I would like to have all volunteers be present by 5:00 P.M. for setup, as well as to associate everyone with the venue.
- There will be light dress code. I will have more on this as the date nears.
- The event is slated to end at 11:00 P.M. I want to make it VERY clear to everyone that you are under no strict obligation to stay later than you're comfortable with. You are more than welcome to stay throughout the entire evening or you may just as well pack up when you decide you're fatigued, tired, etc.
I encourage all members to participate in this C.O. event. I want to once again stress that there is no requirement in place with respect to your photography other than what I have already laid out in the above description. If you have never shot anything like this, but are interested, then please come on out.
We ask that all photos be edited and uploaded a week after the event, more information will be provided during the event.
If you are unsure if you can make it to this event, please RSVP No. If you RSVP Yes, be sure to follow through with your reservation and arrive at the designated time and location. Please annotate any changes to your attendance as soon as possible through the event page.
This event is open to all CPI members.