Please join us at one of our local gatherings! Enjoy activities revolving around geek culture.
1. Our group is open to all levels of experience, from experts to dabblers and newbies.
2. We organize game and other events in a variety of themes and formats each time. Come to the one you like and find some new favorites too!
We play gateway strategy games/euro games (e.g. Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, Dominion, Settlers of Catan), lighter games (e.g. King of Tokyo, Love Letter), cooperation games (e.g. Pandemic, Forbidden Island, Hanabi) and medium to heavier games (e.g. Twilight Imperium, A Game Of Thrones). We sometimes mix party games with strategy (Coup, Resistance) to start, too. If you have played only monopoly, risk, or clue, those are good classic games to play again and we can teach new games.
3. We host our own events and join other relevant events hosted by other groups.
4. We work with other groups to foster an attitude of cooperation and collaboration. (Competitions and conflicts are only for games!)
5. We support local and independent artists, game developers, entrepreneurs in geek culture community. However, we are not an advertising platform for your product or business. Please do not use our group for sales or marketing.
6. Below are some themes and formats for events. Please share your ideas for new ones! We are open to suggestions. Board/card/video game, art, film, movie, novel, comic book, sci-fi, science, history, costume, lecture, discussion, convention, festival, and any other related event ideas are welcome.
"Boardgame Geek Top Ranking Games"<br> "Indie Games & Play Test"<br> "City Building/Farming Games"<br> "Cooperative Games"<br> "War Games"<br> "Hidden Identity Games"<br> "Negotiation Games"<br> "German/Euro Games"<br> "Cardgame Version of Boardgames"<br> "Star Wars/StarTrek/Space Fantasy Games"<br> "Retro Games"<br> "Classic Card Games"<br> "Abstract Games"<br> "Party & Family Games"<br> "Games for 2 players"<br> "Games for Large Group (6+)"<br> "Short Games Serial"<br> "NY Themed Games"<br> "Tournament"<br> "Speed-dating over Game"<br> "Geek Mixer"<br> "Game with Kids"<br> "Let's Try New Place"<br> "Game in Neighborhood"<br> "Daytime Game for Non M-F/9-5 People"
7. Group is open to all ages, genders, personal statuses, as well as to all levels of interest. Most events are open to all; however, it is possible that some events, by nature, are intended for specific attendees (such as game tournament or speed-dating over game). While we cannot make every event for everyone, we try to organize a variety of events to provide a widely inclusive experience and opportunities for attendees to meet people with similar interests.