Please join us at one of our local gatherings! Enjoy activities revolving around geek culture.
1. Our group is open to all levels of experience, from experts to dabblers and newbies.
2. We organize game and other events in a variety of formats each time. Come to the one you like and find some new favorites too!
We play modern (published in last 2 decades roughly) non-abstract strategy games.
We include gateway strategy games/euro games (e.g. Splendor, Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, Dominion, Settlers of Catan), lighter games (e.g. King of Tokyo, Love Letter), cooperation games (e.g. Pandemic, Forbidden Island, Hanabi) and medium to heavier games (e.g. Twilight Imperium, A Game Of Thrones). We sometimes mix social/party games with strategy (Coup, Resistance) to start, too.
- If you have played only monopoly, risk, or clue, those are classic games and we do not play them but we can teach newer games (mostly published in 21st century).
- We do not mean to exclude any games but the group is definitely more for strategy games not for party games (such as Card Against Humanity), and also not for abstract games or playing card games (we don't play chess, poker, or jenga).
3. We host our own events and join other relevant events hosted by other groups.
4. We work with other groups to foster an attitude of cooperation and collaboration. (Competitions and conflicts are only for games!)
5. We support local and independent artists, game developers, entrepreneurs in geek culture community. However, we are not an advertising platform for your product or business. Please do not use our group for sales or marketing.
6. We are open to suggestions. Board/card/video game, art, film, movie, novel, comic book, sci-fi, science, history, costume, lecture, discussion, convention, festival, and any other related event ideas are welcome.
7. Group is open to all ages, genders, personal statuses, as well as to all levels of interest. Most events are open to all; however, it is possible that some events, by nature, are intended for specific attendees (such as game tournament). While we cannot make every event for everyone, we try to organize a variety of events to provide a widely inclusive experience and opportunities for attendees to meet people with similar interests.