The Dallas Party Dogs Message Board › Todays Event Downtown

Todays Event Downtown

Rex B.
Doggy_Daddy
Group Organizer
Garland, TX
To all those attending the Downtown Night Walking Tour and Trolley Ride Uptown today.

This is a very relaxing, interesting and very visually impressive walking tour. It really gives you a good view of Dallas as only walking can do. I hope you enjoy yourself.

I wanted to pass on a few helpful Pro tips:

Parking: Park next to a meter anywhere near Old Red. It is free after 6PM. As always read the meter for enforcement rules as it can change from street to street. You can also park in a $5 lot nearby.

The Weather: The reports predict today's weather will be about the same as yesterday which was nice. Typical North Texas summer pattern. The hour by hour chart shows chance of precip dropping as the evening goes on: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Hourly.aspx?location=USTX0504­

Bring an umbrella just in case if you want to.

The meeting place: Make sure you do not end up at the Kennedy Museum around the corner. We meet on the back lawn of the Old Red Museum near the Kennedy Memorial. A huge white monolith that looks like it's floating in the air. I will be wearing a brown t-shirt. Call or text me at 972.203.8564 if needed.

If you are late: You may be able to rendezvous with the group somewhere along the route.

The Walk: Again, I can't stress enough that this is a very long, leisurely walk that does require a degree of stamina. Even though there are numerous stops along the way the walk lasts several hours. Also, if you want to go off on your own at any point that is fine. Just please let me know. I can help direct you where you want to go if needed.

Food: Load up on carbs if you want to make sure you don't run out of energy. Bring snacks if you think you may need something to keep you going. The only real opportunity to get some food along the way will be at the Rusty's Taco kiosk at Main Street Garden. We will be stopping at Yummilicious for some frozen yogurt at the end of the uptown half of the trolley ride. I plan on going to TGIF in the West End for dinner at the end of the evening.

See you later,

Rex