"Heaven on Earth"
right here, now... ...Well if you want it to be anyway =o)
A Monthly Opportunity for warm connection w/co-journeying spirits viewing an awareness raising movie together
(sometimes combined with an optional hiking adventure, lunch or dinner fellowship by way of potluck or restaurant...),
obviously why titled "Heaven on Earth" =o).
~ 7:15PM is the estimated Movie start time
* $6 Suggested Love Donation for this portion of the evening (proceeds go toward the constant bettering of The GATEWAY)
Thanks to one of our Cherished Co-Journeyer Meetup Members Tom Bunzel
In conjunction with Endangered Species Day Movement (May 18th), The Film of Choice is
"CALL OF LIFE"
~ By: Steve Michelson, the head of a major nonfiction video production company Video Project in the bay area. His projects are mainly in the area of environmental issues, this one, his latest. More details about the movie at http://calloflife.org/
~ A Brief Synopsis: All over the world species are becoming extinct at an astonishing rate, from 1000 to 10,000 times faster than normal. The loss of biodiversity has become so severe that scientists are calling it a mass extinction event.
Call of Life: Facing the Mass Extinction is the first feature documentary to investigate the growing threat to Earth’s life support systems from this unprecedented loss of biodiversity. Through interviews with leading scientists, psychologists, anthropologists, philosophers, and indigenous and religious leaders, the film explores the causes, the scope, and the potential effects of the mass extinction, but also looks beyond the immediate causes of the crisis to consider how our cultural and economic systems, along with deep-seated psychological and behavioral patterns, have allowed this situation to develop, continue to reinforce it, and even determine our response to it.
Call of Life tells the story of a crisis not only in nature, but also in human nature, a crisis more threatening than anything human beings have ever faced before.
Awards: • John Muir Gold Award (2009), Film in progress, Yosemite Film Fest., Yosemite, CA
• Award of Excellence in Film (2010), Accolade Competition, Los Angeles, CA
• Finalist Award – Film (2010), International Wildlife Film Festival, Missoula, MT
• Accolade 2010 Humanitarian Award, Accolade Competition, Los Angeles, CA
• EarthVision Jury Competition Nominee, Santa Cruz Film Festival, Santa Cruz, CA
• Finalist – Best Feature (2010), Reel Earth Film Festival, Palmerston North, NZ
• Best Science Communication Film (2010), Reel Earth Film Festival, New Zealand
~ Open for post-movie talk as additional "Heaven on Earth".
Please note: doors will close at 10:30PM.
Have questions? Call 310 * 479 * 0430
See all that we have going on at The GATEWAY up until and after this @ http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Free Parking: In attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. When/if full, street parking.
2503 Barrington Avenue (1st Fl @ NW corner with Gateway Blvd, Door @ Outdoor Patio) West Los Angeles, CA 90064
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Added notes from host location here at The GATEWAY:
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to join us in upholding an as little to no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically, and some indeed do so. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY being able to do work on them, as often they can work remotely with photos or other props. We thank the universe for quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding.
Feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.