7 to 10PM
~ Soul Song Rising ~
an Empowered Voice-Centered Worskhop
Stacie Aamon Yeldell
The purpose of this workshop is to facilitate the discovery of one’s authentic voice through music therapy methods, such as toning, chant, call and response, song, song writing, song analysis, drumming, as well as verbal processing in an effort to slowly build or rebuild a relationship with the voice in a non-threatening way. Participants will be able to examine false beliefs about their own voice by exploring the practice of singing in a guided and safe environment.
- To increase self-esteem and self-confidence by restoring trust in your own voice
- To transmute the idea that one "can't sing"
- To learn easy exercises that can be used daily to connect with the voice
- To reconnect with emotions and feelings and gain a better understanding of how we can heal past trauma or past memories
- To provide a fun and exciting atmosphere to experience the joy of singing, regardless of past experiences, technique or skill level.
RSVP Right Here on Meetup
Inquiries to Stacie at 347 * 987 * 0736 or stacieammon [@] gmail [.] com
Stacie Aamon Yeldell, MA, MT-BC; Board Certified Music Therapist received her degree in Music Therapy from New York University. After an intense internship at the Bronx Psychiatric Center, she accepted the opportunity to work with a team of psychiatrists to create and implement a Cognitive- Behavioral Music Therapy model for patients suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Stacie held the position of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist at North General Hospital in New York City. She provided music therapy services in the inpatient Psychiatry Unit, the MICA (mentally ill chemically addicted) Unit, the Detox unit, and the hospital’s outpatient Addiction Treatment Center.
Stacie pioneered the first music therapy program at Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York for at-risk teens and foster children, a program that continues today.
At the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music, Stacie facilitated creative arts therapy groups with youth and adolescents within the New York School system. She also facilitated a music improvisation group for a homeless HIV positive population.
At Goodwill Industries in Astoria, New York, music therapy services were provided for the psychiatric outpatient population. Stacie has also facilitated workshops for female adolescents suffering from the trauma of sexual abuse, and has contributed to outreach programs in Costa Rica and Brazil.
Stacie also received a certification in Sound and Music Healing from the Open Center in 2010 and is a Board Certified Music Therapist. Her work emphasizes the the use of the voice as a healing modality and is heavily based on training she received with Dr. Diane Austin’s Vocal Psychotherapy method.
Stacie resides in Los Angeles, California. Referrals are available upon request.
Location: Map to The GATEWAY Portal
Free Parking in attached lot directly behind building first come first serve. When/if full, ample free surrounding street parking.
Housekeeping Notes from Host Location, The GATEWAY:
* Thank you for honoring No Food or Eating or Drinks other than water in containers with lids inside the offices or workshop space of The GATEWAY.
* Cell phones silenced as you enter The GATEWAY Quiet Zones please. Thank you.
* The GATEWAY Portal practices and asks you, its attendees to join us in upholding a no perfume policy as possible. We also practice and ask all to adhere to a no candle and no incense burning policy for those sensitive to synthetic smells as well as for lessening our harmful carbon footprint impact on the environment. Please note that practitioners are permitted to burn a naturally sun dried herb called sage to clean the space energetically. & lastly where candles are part of a sacred ritual, safe, non-scented candles are permitted to be burned upon expressed consent by GATEWAY's operating director. If you have any further questions on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
* Also, in as much as we LOVE animals outside humans, no animals other than humans are permitted inside The GATEWAY. Blessedly this does not eliminate our Practitioners here at GATEWAY from being able to do work on them, as often they work remotely and/or with photos or props. We thank the universe for Quantum on that. Where necessary, the Practitioner may set up chairs and a portable divider to makeshift a little private area outside near our patio to do hands on work with animals. Thank you so much for your understanding and co-operation.
Also feel free to check out the whole of GATEWAY's upcoming calendar at http://www.meetup.com/TheGATEWAYPortal/events/
Our official website is http://thegatewayportal.com/
If not already on our mailing list, email heart-to-heart [@] thegatewayportal [.] com indicating you'd like to be added.
Thank you for your interest in this venue. Please visit us often, as we love your company
as inspired, feel free to spread the word with anyone you know that we may also serve.